Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Helena Bonham Carter on Bellatrix Lestrange


One of the most villainous characters you will see when you watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows online is Bellatrix Lestrange. The evil witch is said to be only second to Lord Voldemort as the most gifted in the Dark Arts and the most vicious among the group of supremacist witches and wizards. She is shown to have no conscience at all, showing no mercy to enemies in the name of the Dark Lord, even if it means killing her own family members. Almost everybody fears her and would not come near her.

But in an interview with Helena Bonham Carter, who plays Bellatrix when you watch Harry Potter 7 Part I online, she revealed that she enjoyed portraying the role of the mentally-unstable and violence –driven witch. The British actress said, “Well, she’s totally insane. It’s always fun playing insane. She’s kind of exhausting to play because she screams a lot, but she was fun. I miss her, actually. She’s innately a child, which is always fun to be childish. Any excuse to be childish.”

The Oscar-nominated actress also said that she likes to look at her promotional posters for the seventh entry in the two-part epic finale of the Harry Potter series, specially the one with Lucius Malfoy. She commented, “I like that one. I usually don’t like photos of me, but I like that one, because there is lots of atmospheric lighting.” She then added, “And also, I like my teeth. I had fake teeth. It’s a beauty tip: use fake teeth. The [teeth] plumped my upper lip, which makes you look younger. It’s like having collagen without having collagen because it makes the lip look fuller. Always get false teeth.”

If you watch Harry Potter 7 online, the talented British actress will also channel her inner Hermione Granger on the screen. She recalled, “Rather than put Emma Watson in a helluva load of make-up, they just said, ‘Now you go act like Hermione.’ That was fun, because I always wanted to be Hermione… looking Dan and Rupert, and they were treating me as if I was 17.”

No comments:

Post a Comment